Rebar – Reinforcing Ironworker Foreman
- Tampa, FL
- Full Time
Shelby Erectors, Inc. has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Reinforcing Ironworker Foreman to lead and work with a crew at one of the best construction companies in Florida.
At Shelby Erectors we build more than bridges. We’re building a team of the best ironworkers in the industry, and we need someone to help us lead one of our crews. If you’re ready to work hard, get paid well, and make a difference, Shelby Erectors is looking for you to join our team.
Whether it’s hard-working men and women, people with a tremendous responsibility to each other, team members who are better, because they can be, or amazing people who give a damn, we know who we are and who will make an excellent addition to our team.
There’s plenty of physical labor involved at our construction sites. You’ll be part of the team responsible for tying and placing rebar primarily in bridge structures and highway construction. This work requires pre-tying and setting bridge footings, columns, pier caps, installing bridge decks, approach slabs, traffic barrier, and roadway barrier walls.
This is a working foreman position. You’ll be doing the same work as the crew you lead.
The working foreman will oversee the crew and ensure the work is done safely and according to the design drawings. It’s also their responsibility to make sure the jobs are done on time and within budget.
Does this sound like something that interests you? Think you might be the right person to join our team?
Keep reading to find out.
Who We Are NOT Looking For
If you’re only interested in leading a crew and don’t want to get your hands dirty, then this job IS NOT FOR YOU.
And ironwork experience is not enough. You MUST have rebar experience doing work in the field to qualify for this position.
The foremen at Shelby Erectors are in the field, working directly with the crews. Our rodbusters will look up to you and come to you with questions, concerns, and training opportunities. If you aren’t comfortable working in the field and leading a great crew then you’ll need to look elsewhere.
At Shelby Erectors we take training very seriously. Our training is some of the best in the industry. If you don’t believe in training for yourself or the crew, this isn’t the position for you.
Who We ARE Looking For
It’s our goal at Shelby Erectors that every person on the team can excel in their role and we provide the tools, time, and resources for it. You still need to take the initiative, and it will be the Foreman’s responsibility to make sure that the crew excels too.
Do you get excited about learning new things and enjoy holding your crew accountable for staying on top of all safety and training requirements? Do you believe that foremen are responsible for holding the crew together and keeping them ahead of production and budget targets?
If so, you may be who we are looking for.
What’s it Like to Work at Shelby Erectors?
Our work is throughout the state of Florida.
At Shelby Erectors, we know who we are and what kind of team we want to build. To succeed in the Foreman role, you’ll need to exemplify the following characteristics:
We’re a hard-working team. The work in the field is difficult. The conditions are hot, the materials are heavy, and at times the work is dangerous. To fit in here, you’ll need to respect the team in the field for the hard work they do. You’ll need to work hard to fit in. If you like the idea of taking your time and think that the work can wait until tomorrow, you’re likely not a fit for us. But if you want the challenge of showing the rest of the team that you can work as hard as they do, submit your application so we can talk to you.
Every single person on the team has a responsibility to one another. We take care of each other because we know how important it is for our team members to be able to depend on each other. We don’t blame, point fingers, or ignore our responsibilities. If you like the idea of knowing that someone will be there to take care of you and have no problem doing the same, we want to speak with you.
Every team member is always improving and wants to be better, just because they can. We value growth and learning for everyone on the team. We lead our industry in new technology, a paperless work environment, and the use of software to help us automate our business administration. So, if you don’t like learning new ways to do the work or aren’t comfortable using the tools we provide, this may not be a fit for you. On the other hand, if you’re always up for learning something new and improving the way you work, we want to talk to you.
Finally, and most importantly, everyone on our team gives a damn about the quality of the work they complete. It’s not enough to do a good job or to punch a clock to get the hours. The commitment we have to each other, our clients, and our work comes from the core of who we are. Every single person on our team cares more than they should, not because they have to, but because it’s who they are.
- Uphold and enforce safety policies and procedures. This includes identifying safety hazards and assisting in resolving them.
- Hold crew members accountable for production and safety requirements.
- Maintain work production according to job schedule and blueprints.
- Assist in keeping the job within budget requirements.
- Uphold the standards set forth by our core values and purpose
- Follow and enforce daily procedures and protocols as outlined in job orientations and training and safety handbooks.
- Properly follow OSHA safety procedures. Bring problems to the attention of the Superintendent.
- Physical requirements include the ability to carry and position heavy steel bars by hand, bending to tie bars, bending to pick up heavy loads, and tying bars at intersections with tie wire.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in heavy construction work.
- Reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Access to basic rodbusting tools
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to oversee a reinforcing ironworker crew.
- Ability to understand and execute erection drawings.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to work in a team in an outdoor construction setting
- Ability to travel and work overtime (may include nights and weekends).
- Health benefits after 90 days of employment
- 1-week vacation pay
- Company 401(k) match after one year of employment
- $25.00 – $32.00/hr depending on experience
If you’ve read this far and feel like you’re a fit for the Shelby Erectors team, fill out the application immediately. We’re quickly filling foreman positions at multiple job sites in the Tampa area.
Should your qualifications match the position, you will receive an email from us with further instructions. Make sure to submit a valid email address that you can quickly check.
We are only accepting applications for experienced reinforcing ironworker foreman who are already local to our projects.
Therefore, we are only considering local or relocating applicants and per diem will not be offered under any circumstances.
Relocation assistance is not available.
Shelby Erectors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.