Journeyman Rodbuster Ironworker
- Orlando, FL
- Full Time
Shelby Erectors, Inc. has an amazing opportunity for a skilled Journeyman Rodbuster at one of the best construction companies in Florida.
At Shelby Erectors we build more than bridges. We’re building a team of the best ironworkers in the industry, and we need hardworking men and women to join our team. If you’re ready to work hard, get paid well, and make a difference, Shelby Erectors is looking for you to join our team.
Whether it's hard-working men and women, people with a tremendous responsibility to each other, team members who are better, because they can be, or amazing people who give a damn, we know who we are and who will make an excellent addition to our team.
There's plenty of physical labor involved at our construction sites. You’ll be part of the team responsible for tying and placing rebar primarily in bridge structures and highway construction. This work involves pre-tying and setting bridge footings, columns, pier caps, installing bridge decks, approach slabs, traffic barrier, and roadway barrier walls.
- Carrying and positioning heavy steel bars by hand, tying bars at intersections with tie wire
- Bending to tie bars, bending to pick up heavy loads
- Complying with all safety and project rules
- Ability to work in a team in an outdoor construction setting
- Reliable transportation
- Access to basic rodbusting tools
Weekend and overtime hours may be required and will be discussed with the foreman during the interview.
- Up to $15.00 - $23.00/hr depending on experience
- Health benefits after 90 days of employment
- Company 401(k) match after 1 year of employment
This is a long-term project in the Orlando, FL area.
No relocation or per-diem will be provided.
Before you apply for this job, make sure you really understand what we're asking of here. This isn't easy work. Watch this video if you're not absolutely sure what a Rodbuster does.
Shelby Erectors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.