Foreman Reinforcing Ironworker - Rebar
- Orlando, FL
- Full Time
Shelby Erectors, Inc. has an amazing opportunity for a skilled rebar foreman to lead a crew for one of the best construction companies in Florida.
At Shelby Erectors we build more than bridges. We’re building a team of the best ironworkers in the industry, and we need someone to help us lead our crews. If you’re ready to work hard, get paid well, and make a difference, Shelby Erectors is looking for you to join our team.
Whether it's hard-working men and women, people with a tremendous responsibility to each other, team members who are better, because they can be, or amazing people who give a damn, we know who we are and who will make an excellent addition to our team.
There's plenty of physical labor involved at our construction sites. You’ll be part of the team responsible for tying and placing rebar primarily in bridge structures and highway construction. This work involves pre-tying and setting bridge footings, columns, pier caps, installing bridge decks, approach slabs, traffic barrier, and roadway barrier walls.
This is a working foreman position. You'll be doing the same work as the crew you lead. If you're only interested in leading a crew and don't want to get your hands dirty, then this job isn't for you. Ironwork experience is not enough. You MUST have rebar experience doing work in the field to qualify for this position.
The working foreman will oversee the crew and ensure the work is done safely and according to the design drawings. It's also their responsibility to make sure the jobs are done on time and within budget.
It's important to know this job will require overtime and weekend work. Please consider this when applying.
- Follow Daily Procedures and Protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings and Safety Handbooks.
- Properly follow OSHA safety procedures. Bring problems to the attention of the Superintendent.
- Ability to work in a team in an outdoor construction setting
- Reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Bending to tie bars, bending to pick up heavy loads
- Complying with all safety and project rules
- Carrying and positioning heavy steel bars by hand, tying bars at intersections with tie wire
- Access to basic rodbusting tools
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy construction work.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to oversee a reinforcing ironworker crew.
- Ability to understand and execute erection drawings.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to travel and work overtime (may include nights and weekends).
- Health benefits after 90 days of employment
- 1-week vacation pay
- Company 401(k) match after 1 year of employment
- $25.00 - $30.00/hr depending on experience
We're are only accepting applications for experienced reinforcing ironworker foreman. Relocation is not available.
Shelby Erectors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.