Metal Bridge Deck Installer – Welder
- Orlando, FL
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Are you ready for something exciting and worthwhile? We know switching industries can be terrifying. What about necessary experience? What about the starting wages? Massive concerns.
But trust us: this amazing opportunity in the steel industry deserves your consideration. If you’re interested in making a living you can be proud of while carrying out meaningful work, keep reading.
Our crews are comprised of intelligent, creative minds who collaborate and strive daily to be better.
And if leadership and management are goals of yours, we applaud you and encourage that dream. If you put in the time and effort, that kind of role can be achieved in our company.
Don’t feel lost or discouraged during this transitional period. You have options. Great ones. This one, we feel, happens to be the greatest on the job market to date. We care about American infrastructure, families and communities, your new vision for your life, and our talented crews and leaders. Put simply, we give a damn. In every way.
Your career here might be very different, given your past work history. But that’s the point, right? Don’t wait another minute. Check us out!
What’s it Like to Work at Shelby Erectors?
Our work is throughout the state of Florida.
At Shelby Erectors, we know who we are and what kind of team we want to build. To succeed in our Deck Installer – Metal Bridge Deck role, you’ll need to exemplify the following characteristics:
We’re a hard-working team. The work in our industry is demanding. The conditions are hot, the materials are heavy, and at times the work is dangerous. To fit in here, you’ll need to respect the team in the field and Shelby Team for the hard work they do. If you like the idea of taking your time and think that the work can wait until tomorrow, you’re likely not a fit for us. But if you want the challenge of showing the rest of the team that you can work as hard as they do, submit your application so we can talk to you.
Every single person on the team has a responsibility to one another. We take care of each other because we know how important it is for our team members to be able to depend on each other. We don’t blame, point fingers, or ignore our responsibilities. If you like the idea of knowing that someone will be there to take care of you and have no problem doing the same, we want to speak with you.
Every team member is always improving and wants to be better, just because they can. We value growth and learning for everyone on the team. We lead our industry in new technology, a paperless work environment, and the use of software to help us automate our business administration. So, if you don’t like learning new ways to do the work or aren’t comfortable using the tools we provide, this may not be a fit for you. On the other hand, if you’re always up for learning something new and improving the way you work, we want to talk to you.
Finally, and most importantly, everyone on our team gives a damn about the quality of the work they complete. It’s not enough to do a good job or to punch a clock to get the hours. The commitment we have to each other, our clients, and our work comes from the core of who we are. Every single person on our team cares more than they should, not because they have to, but because it’s who they are.
Shelby Erectors, Inc. is seeking a metal bridge deck installer for immediate work in Tampa, Orlando, and other area bridge projects in Florida. The job will require travel to other bridge projects in Florida as needed. Lodging will be provided.
Check out what it looks like to work for our company. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dSj2B-Ahtg&t=8s
Job requirements include:
- Complying with all safety and project rules
- Ability to work at height
- Availability to work 40 – 50 hours per week
- Reliable transportation
- Traveling around the state of Florida
- Ability to understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to operate and drive a truck and pull trailer
- Ability to travel and work overtime (may include nights and weekends).
- Capability to load and unload rebar bundles to or from trucks and place them in the final destination as instructed.
- Maintain equipment and tools to ensure long lasting use.
- Responsible and accountable for their own personal safety and the safety of all co-workers.
- Able to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations, or company policies and procedures promptly.
- $18.00 per hour, with periodic adjustments as you progress in the position
- Health benefits after 90 days of employment
- Company 401(k) match after one year of employment
- Pay is $16-$17/hr with no or limited experience and $17 – $21/hr depending on experience. However, preference is given to applicants with welding experience.
If you’ve read this far and feel like you’re a good fit for the Shelby Erectors team, fill out the application immediately. We’re quickly filling positions at multiple job sites in the Orlando, Miami, and Tampa areas.
Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an email from us with further instructions. Make sure to submit a valid email address that you can easily check.
We are only considering local or relocating applicants and per diem will not be offered under any circumstances.
Relocation assistance is not available.
Shelby Erectors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.