Welder / Metal Deck Installer
- Tampa, FL
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Do you want to help us build some bridges in Florida? The metal bridge deck installer will travel around the state to help us with various bridge projects and will need to be able to proficiently weld.
Shelby Erectors, Inc. has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Welder to help us build bridges and work for one of the best construction companies in Florida.
At Shelby Erectors we build more than bridges. We’re building a team of the best ironworkers and metal bridge deck installers in the industry, and we need some help. If you’re ready to work hard, get paid well, and make a difference, Shelby Erectors is looking for you to join our team.
Whether it’s hard-working men and women, people with a tremendous responsibility to each other, team members who are better, because they can be, or amazing people who give a damn, we know who we are and who will make an excellent addition to our team.
There’s plenty of physical labor involved at our construction sites. You’ll be part of the team responsible for placing and securing metal bridge decking as a part of our bridge building process.
This work requires working at heights while adhering to all safety procedures and does require travel to other projects around the state.
We have immediate work in Tampa, Orlando, and other area bridge projects. Again, this job will require travel to other bridge projects in Florida as needed.
Job Requirements Include
- Complying with all safety and project rules
- Completing our training program
- Ability to work at height
- Availability to work 40 – 50 hours per week
- Reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Ability to travel around the state of Florida
- Production welding
- Stick weld
- Bent over welding at heights
- Ability to measure, add, subtract, fractions of inches
- Welding is only a small part of the job, will be required to carry materials, screw deck pans, and other labor functions as needed
- Health benefits after 90 days
- $25k life insurance policy after 90 days
- Company 401k match after one year
- Daily, pre-work temperature readings
- Company neck buff (face mask)
- Outside work
Pay is $17 – $21 per hour and depends on experience.
Shelby Erectors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This post is also available in: Español